Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 22, 2018
Alex Honnold lives in a van, traveling from rock face to rock face in North America — and occasionally taking overseas trips to find new rocks to climb and explore. He’s the most famous “free solo” climber in the world, … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Aquaman” swamps “Bumblebee,” “Mary Poppins” and all the the rest with a $68 million opening weekend
Reviews for Warners’ “Aquaman” were indifferent to OK, but the trailers and Jason Momoa TV appearances had this one pre-sold, and how. A $27 million Friday points to a $68 million opening weekend, with that tally growing Monday and Tuesday, … Continue reading
Every holiday season has to have at least one comedy you can take mom, to, right? So be grateful “Second Act” doesn’t have Streisand and Rogen. Seems like every start up studio takes a look at the bare cupboard and … Continue reading