Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: An elegy to age, rural post offices and community -- "Colewell"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 12, 2018
A bit of science fiction satire aimed at the “state” of things as they are today — privacy, control, “monitoring,” etc. Vera Farmiga and John Goodman are the big names in the cast of “Captive State” — which is about … Continue reading
I’m going to limit this to SAG’s motion picture nominations. The TV stuff is so far removed from the Emmys (as are the Golden Globes’ TV nominations) as to not impact the “real” awards that come from this time of … Continue reading
MPAA Rating: PG for some mild thematic elements and brief action Cast: Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Colin Firth, Dick Van Dyke, Angela Lansbury and Meryl Streep Credits: Directed by Rob Marshall, screenplay by David … Continue reading
Film fans long ago made up their minds about Sally Field. The woman spent the better part of 20 years living down her “You like me…right now you like me” Academy Award acceptance speech, a meme before we were using … Continue reading
Well, it’s something to see. Producer (and co-screenwriter) Peter Jackson always makes sure of that. The surprising thing about the film of Phillip Reeve’s “Mortal Engines,” essentially a movie about roving, bulldozing cities that devour small towns, is how long this … Continue reading