Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 20, 2018
Tessa Thompson is the newby, good-looking and swaggering and black, learning the “”MIB” ropes, wearing the new suit. Emma Thompson and Liam Neeson are the world-weary alien-hunting veterans. Chris Hemsworth is the hunky partner, although the actors seem second bananas … Continue reading
Stephen Lang is the big Hollywood name in the cast of this new account of Gandhi’s final days and the motives of those who hated his idealism, attention-grabbing fasts and pacifism. No, Lang isn’t playing Abraham Lincoln (an inspiration to … Continue reading
That Huppert can be scary when she wants to be. Remember “The Piano Teacher?” And that’s not the only alarming character on her resume. “Greta” has the French screen legend playing a nice little (not too old) lady whom a … Continue reading
Robert Zemeckis has been known to take on a movie idea simply for the technical challenge it presents. Think of “Forrest Gump” inserted into history, “Polar Express” motion-capturing Tom Hanks, the dazzling starvation stunt of “Cast Away,” the You Will … Continue reading