Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 20, 2018
Tessa Thompson is the newby, good-looking and swaggering and black, learning the “”MIB” ropes, wearing the new suit. Emma Thompson and Liam Neeson are the world-weary alien-hunting veterans. Chris Hemsworth is the hunky partner, although the actors seem second bananas … Continue reading
Stephen Lang is the big Hollywood name in the cast of this new account of Gandhi’s final days and the motives of those who hated his idealism, attention-grabbing fasts and pacifism. No, Lang isn’t playing Abraham Lincoln (an inspiration to … Continue reading
That Huppert can be scary when she wants to be. Remember “The Piano Teacher?” And that’s not the only alarming character on her resume. “Greta” has the French screen legend playing a nice little (not too old) lady whom a … Continue reading
Robert Zemeckis has been known to take on a movie idea simply for the technical challenge it presents. Think of “Forrest Gump” inserted into history, “Polar Express” motion-capturing Tom Hanks, the dazzling starvation stunt of “Cast Away,” the You Will … Continue reading