Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 16, 2018
BOX OFFICE: “Spider-Man” hits the low end of expectations, as does “The Mule” –“Mortal Engines” is DOA
There’s a new Dec. animated movie opening record at the U.S. box office, and it belongs to “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.” Or “Spiderverse.” It had been widely predicted to open over $40 million by Variety, Deadline.com, Box Office Mojo, et … Continue reading