Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
- Movie Review: The Men -- and Woman -- Who Made Tony, "The Many Saints of Newark"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 4, 2018
Yes, there’s everything, including a cute cat, in this second and more impressive trailer to “Captain Marvel.” Ben Mendelsohn as ANOTHER villain. Samuel L. setting up more punchlines. And Oscar winners Annette Bening and Brie Larson, with Oscar nominee … Continue reading
It’s always helpful to remember how we got here. The “now,” of Internet celebrities, Youtube “stars” and web notoriety being turned into cash had to start somewhere, with someone, right? “The American Meme” traces this democratized/Americanized form of “celebrity” back … Continue reading
“Vox Lux” is “A Star is Born” for the bubblegum babies of pop. Brady Corbet’s screen drama, presented as a quasi-operatic epic, begins with tragedy and the fluke that turns a survivor of that tragedy into a pop diva. The … Continue reading