Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 5, 2018
“That house…up in Napa?” Meagan Good and Michael Ealy are the loving couple that want to buy it. Dennis Quaid’s the previous owner. We all know how THOSE dudes can be. “The Intruder” is an April thriller, April 26 to … Continue reading
This is one of a handful of year-end movies that I have been looking forward to the most, a period piece with fun actresses and the twisted dude who made “The Lobster” behind the camera. “The Favourite” — mind that … Continue reading
Usually, the exorcism comes at the climax of your typical demonic possession thriller. So kudos for to screenwriter Brian Sieve of TV’s “Scream” series for jamming his into the opening of “The Possession of Hannah Grace.” But “Possession” is, as … Continue reading
The outrage that human trafficking, essentially a modern day slave trade, exists in the 21st century has inspired scores of films, from the “Taken” movies and “Eastern Promises” to the more modest “Priceless,” “Trafficked” and “Trade.” And that’s not even … Continue reading