Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 15, 2018
The House. The Abbey. Promises of all your favorite characters making the journey from Brit TV/PBS small screens to the big one. “Next year.” Really, if you’re not doing a prequel, then you simply MUST get this posh soap opera … Continue reading
Took the girlfriend to a nearly sold-out small town Florida showing of “The Mule” Friday night. Warner Brothers didn’t put a lot of promotional money behind Clint Eastwood’s 40th film as a director. It wasn’t previewed in most of America. … Continue reading
Clint Eastwood pulls one last bait and switch with his latest — perhaps last — picture, “The Mule.” From the tenor of the trailers and TV commercials, we gather that he’s directed and stars in a drug trade thriller — … Continue reading