Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 15, 2018
Preview, “Downton Abbey” is a big ol’tease
The House. The Abbey. Promises of all your favorite characters making the journey from Brit TV/PBS small screens to the big one. “Next year.” Really, if you’re not doing a prequel, then you simply MUST get this posh soap opera … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview, “Downton Abbey” is a big ol’tease
BOX OFFICE: “Spiderverse” to top $35, “Mule” might hit $18, “Mortal Engines” sputter and die
Took the girlfriend to a nearly sold-out small town Florida showing of “The Mule” Friday night. Warner Brothers didn’t put a lot of promotional money behind Clint Eastwood’s 40th film as a director. It wasn’t previewed in most of America. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Spiderverse” to top $35, “Mule” might hit $18, “Mortal Engines” sputter and die
Movie Review: Eastwood Dawdles, jokes and amuses as “The Mule”
Clint Eastwood pulls one last bait and switch with his latest — perhaps last — picture, “The Mule.” From the tenor of the trailers and TV commercials, we gather that he’s directed and stars in a drug trade thriller — … Continue reading