Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 2, 2018
Clever play on words title to “Happy Death Day 2.” Well-played, Universal. Jessica Rothe returns for this sequel, sort of a morbid, comic take on “Groundhog Day” and other movies (“Before I Fall” with Zoey Deutch is a personal favorite) … Continue reading
Keanu Reeves plays a not-quite-mad scientist who brings his wife (Alice Eve) and kids back to life after a car crash. And he apparently didn’t file the proper patents paperwork, as they’re about to be repossessed. Entertainment Studios does what … Continue reading
The weekend after Thanksgiving is something of a lost weekend for Hollywood. The only new release to open wide was a no-budget horror flop (“The Possession of Hannah Grace”) that won’t clear $6 million, despite having the phrase “new this … Continue reading
“Tyrel” is “Get Out” without the vast White Wing Conspiracy. Take away the implicit threat, the science fiction satire of importing while souls into African American bodies and you’ve got a modestly disturbing story of not fitting in, of a … Continue reading