Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 2, 2018
Clever play on words title to “Happy Death Day 2.” Well-played, Universal. Jessica Rothe returns for this sequel, sort of a morbid, comic take on “Groundhog Day” and other movies (“Before I Fall” with Zoey Deutch is a personal favorite) … Continue reading
Keanu Reeves plays a not-quite-mad scientist who brings his wife (Alice Eve) and kids back to life after a car crash. And he apparently didn’t file the proper patents paperwork, as they’re about to be repossessed. Entertainment Studios does what … Continue reading
The weekend after Thanksgiving is something of a lost weekend for Hollywood. The only new release to open wide was a no-budget horror flop (“The Possession of Hannah Grace”) that won’t clear $6 million, despite having the phrase “new this … Continue reading
“Tyrel” is “Get Out” without the vast White Wing Conspiracy. Take away the implicit threat, the science fiction satire of importing while souls into African American bodies and you’ve got a modestly disturbing story of not fitting in, of a … Continue reading