Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "21 Bridges" is a bridge or two or three or four too far
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 2, 2018
Clever play on words title to “Happy Death Day 2.” Well-played, Universal. Jessica Rothe returns for this sequel, sort of a morbid, comic take on “Groundhog Day” and other movies (“Before I Fall” with Zoey Deutch is a personal favorite) … Continue reading
Keanu Reeves plays a not-quite-mad scientist who brings his wife (Alice Eve) and kids back to life after a car crash. And he apparently didn’t file the proper patents paperwork, as they’re about to be repossessed. Entertainment Studios does what … Continue reading
The weekend after Thanksgiving is something of a lost weekend for Hollywood. The only new release to open wide was a no-budget horror flop (“The Possession of Hannah Grace”) that won’t clear $6 million, despite having the phrase “new this … Continue reading
“Tyrel” is “Get Out” without the vast White Wing Conspiracy. Take away the implicit threat, the science fiction satire of importing while souls into African American bodies and you’ve got a modestly disturbing story of not fitting in, of a … Continue reading