Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 2, 2018
Clever play on words title to “Happy Death Day 2.” Well-played, Universal. Jessica Rothe returns for this sequel, sort of a morbid, comic take on “Groundhog Day” and other movies (“Before I Fall” with Zoey Deutch is a personal favorite) … Continue reading
Keanu Reeves plays a not-quite-mad scientist who brings his wife (Alice Eve) and kids back to life after a car crash. And he apparently didn’t file the proper patents paperwork, as they’re about to be repossessed. Entertainment Studios does what … Continue reading
The weekend after Thanksgiving is something of a lost weekend for Hollywood. The only new release to open wide was a no-budget horror flop (“The Possession of Hannah Grace”) that won’t clear $6 million, despite having the phrase “new this … Continue reading
“Tyrel” is “Get Out” without the vast White Wing Conspiracy. Take away the implicit threat, the science fiction satire of importing while souls into African American bodies and you’ve got a modestly disturbing story of not fitting in, of a … Continue reading