Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- BOX OFFICE: And the winner is? "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On?"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 19, 2018
The marketing folks are lowballing expectations for the latest Warner Brothers’ latest stand-alone comic book superhero movie, James Wan’s take on “Aquaman.” Considering the movie has blown up China and the rest of overseas — closing in on $300 million … Continue reading
This movie had “Oscar bait” written all over it — another technical tour de force from Robert Zemeckis, with Steve Carell in the Tom Hanks/”Forrest Gump” role — as a mugging victim channeling his psychic wounds through dolls he collects, … Continue reading
Don’t be fooled by the wallow in ’80s nostalgia — music, fashion, the bad TV. It’s just naked pandering to its “I grew UP with ‘Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye!” first-gen fans. What the “Bumblebee” reboot of “Transformers” really … Continue reading