Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 19, 2018
The marketing folks are lowballing expectations for the latest Warner Brothers’ latest stand-alone comic book superhero movie, James Wan’s take on “Aquaman.” Considering the movie has blown up China and the rest of overseas — closing in on $300 million … Continue reading
This movie had “Oscar bait” written all over it — another technical tour de force from Robert Zemeckis, with Steve Carell in the Tom Hanks/”Forrest Gump” role — as a mugging victim channeling his psychic wounds through dolls he collects, … Continue reading
Don’t be fooled by the wallow in ’80s nostalgia — music, fashion, the bad TV. It’s just naked pandering to its “I grew UP with ‘Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye!” first-gen fans. What the “Bumblebee” reboot of “Transformers” really … Continue reading