Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2018
We see the signs of trouble between Lauren and Tom, even if they themselves cannot. She’s just turned 30 and her live-in boyfriend of five years is a sweet, passive skinny dweeb, a chronically unemployed city planner. Her parents … Continue reading
“All the Devil’s Men” is a great title for an action picture. It suggests mercenaries, “special ops,” assassins and rogue secret agents. Which indeed “All the Devil’s Men” has in abundance. Of course, it’s all downhill from there. But again, … Continue reading
The rats know what’s coming. And the rats are running. Kristian Eikjord (Kristoffer Joner) knows, too. And it’s eating him alive, given him the shakes and generally wrecked his sanity and his life. Kristoffer’s a Norwegian geologist, the hero … Continue reading
If you loved the Norske disaster epic “The Wave” — and who didn’t? — this may be the movie for you. And me. “The Quake” opens this month. That’s the way of all the good Norwegian films, alas.