Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Addicted to devices, our health and our democracy imperiled -- "The Social Dilemma"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2018
We see the signs of trouble between Lauren and Tom, even if they themselves cannot. She’s just turned 30 and her live-in boyfriend of five years is a sweet, passive skinny dweeb, a chronically unemployed city planner. Her parents … Continue reading
“All the Devil’s Men” is a great title for an action picture. It suggests mercenaries, “special ops,” assassins and rogue secret agents. Which indeed “All the Devil’s Men” has in abundance. Of course, it’s all downhill from there. But again, … Continue reading
The rats know what’s coming. And the rats are running. Kristian Eikjord (Kristoffer Joner) knows, too. And it’s eating him alive, given him the shakes and generally wrecked his sanity and his life. Kristoffer’s a Norwegian geologist, the hero … Continue reading
If you loved the Norske disaster epic “The Wave” — and who didn’t? — this may be the movie for you. And me. “The Quake” opens this month. That’s the way of all the good Norwegian films, alas.