Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2018
We see the signs of trouble between Lauren and Tom, even if they themselves cannot. She’s just turned 30 and her live-in boyfriend of five years is a sweet, passive skinny dweeb, a chronically unemployed city planner. Her parents … Continue reading
“All the Devil’s Men” is a great title for an action picture. It suggests mercenaries, “special ops,” assassins and rogue secret agents. Which indeed “All the Devil’s Men” has in abundance. Of course, it’s all downhill from there. But again, … Continue reading
The rats know what’s coming. And the rats are running. Kristian Eikjord (Kristoffer Joner) knows, too. And it’s eating him alive, given him the shakes and generally wrecked his sanity and his life. Kristoffer’s a Norwegian geologist, the hero … Continue reading
If you loved the Norske disaster epic “The Wave” — and who didn’t? — this may be the movie for you. And me. “The Quake” opens this month. That’s the way of all the good Norwegian films, alas.