Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 7, 2018
A little stark. Tony Stark. One last time. A bleak “Avengers” for bleak times. And our only hope is Paul Rudd? April 26.
The parties, the rush, the Rush Parties — so much alcohol, so many hazing rituals. What would college life be without fraternities and their hellish homoerotic hazing? “College guys, amIright?” Jan. 11, college gets…HORRIFIC with “Pledge.”
Josh Lucas and Topher Grace are the big names in this Fox release. But Chrissy Metz is the star, a mother whose son ignores the “Don’t do anything stupid” foreshadowing and falls through an ice-covered lake. It’s a true story … Continue reading
We all have trouble managing that post-“Time to join AARP” card in the mail transition. The problem is magnified if you’re a brand name action star. “Aging gracefully” is rarely in the (AARP) cards. At 72, no amount of … Continue reading