Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A fake priest, an Exorcism streaming show, a test from Satan -- "The Cleansing Hour"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: December 2018
Better question, SHOULD there be a “Hellboy” reboot without Ron P? Truthfully, this April 12 Summit release features Ian McShane, Milla Jovovich, Sasha Lane, Thomas Haden Church and David Habour (of “Stranger Things”) as…HELLBOY…looks fun. Helluva trailer.
The “weekend” part of the “Christmas Holiday Weekend” at the movies is over. And “Aquaman,” as expected, as projected, is finishing it with a healthy $67.4 million at the box office — since Thursday night. Will it hit $100 million … Continue reading
His smile doesn’t phase his sister or stepfather. Saying all the right things just makes them, and us, question his sincerity. But “This time will be different” and “I’ve got a good feeling about this” means different things to his … Continue reading
Alex Honnold lives in a van, traveling from rock face to rock face in North America — and occasionally taking overseas trips to find new rocks to climb and explore. He’s the most famous “free solo” climber in the world, … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Aquaman” swamps “Bumblebee,” “Mary Poppins” and all the the rest with a $68 million opening weekend
Reviews for Warners’ “Aquaman” were indifferent to OK, but the trailers and Jason Momoa TV appearances had this one pre-sold, and how. A $27 million Friday points to a $68 million opening weekend, with that tally growing Monday and Tuesday, … Continue reading
Every holiday season has to have at least one comedy you can take mom, to, right? So be grateful “Second Act” doesn’t have Streisand and Rogen. Seems like every start up studio takes a look at the bare cupboard and … Continue reading
Tessa Thompson is the newby, good-looking and swaggering and black, learning the “”MIB” ropes, wearing the new suit. Emma Thompson and Liam Neeson are the world-weary alien-hunting veterans. Chris Hemsworth is the hunky partner, although the actors seem second bananas … Continue reading
Stephen Lang is the big Hollywood name in the cast of this new account of Gandhi’s final days and the motives of those who hated his idealism, attention-grabbing fasts and pacifism. No, Lang isn’t playing Abraham Lincoln (an inspiration to … Continue reading
That Huppert can be scary when she wants to be. Remember “The Piano Teacher?” And that’s not the only alarming character on her resume. “Greta” has the French screen legend playing a nice little (not too old) lady whom a … Continue reading