Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2018
A militia nut movie with an edge. James Badge Dale, Brian Geraghty, Patrick Fischler, Chris Mulkey, Happy Anderson and Robert Aramayo star in “The Standoff at Sparrow Creek,” which is getting VOD release Jan. 19.
Preview, Netflix spends heist picture bucks on Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam and Hedlund — “Triple Frontier”
Pretty promising genre picture, from J.C. Chandor and screenwriter (“Zero Dark Thirty”) Mark Boal. They filmed “Triple Frontier” in Colombia, and spared no expense in who they hired for the job. This is a fictional variation on that long-planned Mark … Continue reading