Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Family says a Long Goodbye to Dad before his Assisted Suicide -- "Last Flight Home"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 24, 2018
A conventional coming-of-age-while-poor narrative serves up plenty of unconventional twists in “Lean on Pete,” a dusty, downbeat tale set on the margins of horse racing. That’s a world 15 year-old Charley (Charlie Plummer) discovers one summer day while strolling past … Continue reading
A “Jackass” take on the sort of old school Southern amusement park (not, um, OSHA compliant) with Johnny Knoxville in grandfatherly make up — at least for part of it. No, it’s not “Bad Grandpa,” but it is slapstick of … Continue reading
Box Office: “Pacific Rim” tames the “Panther,” “I Can Only Imagine” hangs in, “Unsane” can’t crack top ten
Yes, there’s another “Black Panther” box office record, the one for highest domestic gross ever for a Marvel movie. It will have earned over $630 million by the time the totals are tallied Sunday night. But “Pacific Rim: Uprising,” even … Continue reading