Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 24, 2018
A conventional coming-of-age-while-poor narrative serves up plenty of unconventional twists in “Lean on Pete,” a dusty, downbeat tale set on the margins of horse racing. That’s a world 15 year-old Charley (Charlie Plummer) discovers one summer day while strolling past … Continue reading
A “Jackass” take on the sort of old school Southern amusement park (not, um, OSHA compliant) with Johnny Knoxville in grandfatherly make up — at least for part of it. No, it’s not “Bad Grandpa,” but it is slapstick of … Continue reading
Box Office: “Pacific Rim” tames the “Panther,” “I Can Only Imagine” hangs in, “Unsane” can’t crack top ten
Yes, there’s another “Black Panther” box office record, the one for highest domestic gross ever for a Marvel movie. It will have earned over $630 million by the time the totals are tallied Sunday night. But “Pacific Rim: Uprising,” even … Continue reading