Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Into the melodramatic maelstrom of "1917"
- Movie Review: Twists and tension make "I See You" a sleeper worth tracking down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 24, 2018
A conventional coming-of-age-while-poor narrative serves up plenty of unconventional twists in “Lean on Pete,” a dusty, downbeat tale set on the margins of horse racing. That’s a world 15 year-old Charley (Charlie Plummer) discovers one summer day while strolling past … Continue reading
A “Jackass” take on the sort of old school Southern amusement park (not, um, OSHA compliant) with Johnny Knoxville in grandfatherly make up — at least for part of it. No, it’s not “Bad Grandpa,” but it is slapstick of … Continue reading
Box Office: “Pacific Rim” tames the “Panther,” “I Can Only Imagine” hangs in, “Unsane” can’t crack top ten
Yes, there’s another “Black Panther” box office record, the one for highest domestic gross ever for a Marvel movie. It will have earned over $630 million by the time the totals are tallied Sunday night. But “Pacific Rim: Uprising,” even … Continue reading