Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 24, 2018
A conventional coming-of-age-while-poor narrative serves up plenty of unconventional twists in “Lean on Pete,” a dusty, downbeat tale set on the margins of horse racing. That’s a world 15 year-old Charley (Charlie Plummer) discovers one summer day while strolling past … Continue reading
A “Jackass” take on the sort of old school Southern amusement park (not, um, OSHA compliant) with Johnny Knoxville in grandfatherly make up — at least for part of it. No, it’s not “Bad Grandpa,” but it is slapstick of … Continue reading
Box Office: “Pacific Rim” tames the “Panther,” “I Can Only Imagine” hangs in, “Unsane” can’t crack top ten
Yes, there’s another “Black Panther” box office record, the one for highest domestic gross ever for a Marvel movie. It will have earned over $630 million by the time the totals are tallied Sunday night. But “Pacific Rim: Uprising,” even … Continue reading