Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2018
The past decade or so, the Academy Awards have felt like pre-ordained train arrivals, with early honors and buzz making that train depart the Toronto Film Festival, make its stops at the various Guild Awards, the Golden Globes and Critics … Continue reading
They gave the Best Documentary Feature Film Oscar to “Icarus,” a film about trying to beat the laughably busted and beatable doping tests used on athletes. Cyclist/filmmaker Bryan Fogel set out to find a drug doc, get a drug regimen, … Continue reading
The sour taste Eli Roth’s new “Death Wish” left in my mouth has me scouring the genre picture lists on Netflix, looking for a suitable palette cleanser. Vengeance thrillers are a B-movie staple, C or D movie when they don’t … Continue reading