Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2018
The past decade or so, the Academy Awards have felt like pre-ordained train arrivals, with early honors and buzz making that train depart the Toronto Film Festival, make its stops at the various Guild Awards, the Golden Globes and Critics … Continue reading
They gave the Best Documentary Feature Film Oscar to “Icarus,” a film about trying to beat the laughably busted and beatable doping tests used on athletes. Cyclist/filmmaker Bryan Fogel set out to find a drug doc, get a drug regimen, … Continue reading
The sour taste Eli Roth’s new “Death Wish” left in my mouth has me scouring the genre picture lists on Netflix, looking for a suitable palette cleanser. Vengeance thrillers are a B-movie staple, C or D movie when they don’t … Continue reading