Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2018
The past decade or so, the Academy Awards have felt like pre-ordained train arrivals, with early honors and buzz making that train depart the Toronto Film Festival, make its stops at the various Guild Awards, the Golden Globes and Critics … Continue reading
They gave the Best Documentary Feature Film Oscar to “Icarus,” a film about trying to beat the laughably busted and beatable doping tests used on athletes. Cyclist/filmmaker Bryan Fogel set out to find a drug doc, get a drug regimen, … Continue reading
The sour taste Eli Roth’s new “Death Wish” left in my mouth has me scouring the genre picture lists on Netflix, looking for a suitable palette cleanser. Vengeance thrillers are a B-movie staple, C or D movie when they don’t … Continue reading