Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: A gay couple is haunted or Harassed in "Spiral"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2018
The past decade or so, the Academy Awards have felt like pre-ordained train arrivals, with early honors and buzz making that train depart the Toronto Film Festival, make its stops at the various Guild Awards, the Golden Globes and Critics … Continue reading
They gave the Best Documentary Feature Film Oscar to “Icarus,” a film about trying to beat the laughably busted and beatable doping tests used on athletes. Cyclist/filmmaker Bryan Fogel set out to find a drug doc, get a drug regimen, … Continue reading
The sour taste Eli Roth’s new “Death Wish” left in my mouth has me scouring the genre picture lists on Netflix, looking for a suitable palette cleanser. Vengeance thrillers are a B-movie staple, C or D movie when they don’t … Continue reading