Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 1, 2018
Bruce Willis is long in the tooth, but if there’s one thing Eastwood’s long career taught us, it’s that action stars can still get it done so long as the most physical thing they have to pull off is pulling … Continue reading
Not a new show, not the first time I’ve said this. But in a sea of cable and streaming “reality TV,” where we go to Late Night Hosts for our news, when “fact” has been reduced to opinion thanks to … Continue reading
Maybe you were exposed to something your parents were watching, in a theater or on TV, that had subtitles which you weren’t yet old enough to read. Possibly, you caught a late-night Italian, Spanish or French film dubbed into English, … Continue reading
Setsuko smokes so much that the Japanese mania for avoiding infection via publicly worn surgical masks seems pointless. A lonely, sullen salarywoman, she endures the almost hourly gifts of candy “for your cough” from her inane co-workers and trudges home … Continue reading