Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Movie Review: Same old "Top Gun," Same old "Maverick"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 1, 2018
Bruce Willis is long in the tooth, but if there’s one thing Eastwood’s long career taught us, it’s that action stars can still get it done so long as the most physical thing they have to pull off is pulling … Continue reading
Not a new show, not the first time I’ve said this. But in a sea of cable and streaming “reality TV,” where we go to Late Night Hosts for our news, when “fact” has been reduced to opinion thanks to … Continue reading
Maybe you were exposed to something your parents were watching, in a theater or on TV, that had subtitles which you weren’t yet old enough to read. Possibly, you caught a late-night Italian, Spanish or French film dubbed into English, … Continue reading
Setsuko smokes so much that the Japanese mania for avoiding infection via publicly worn surgical masks seems pointless. A lonely, sullen salarywoman, she endures the almost hourly gifts of candy “for your cough” from her inane co-workers and trudges home … Continue reading