Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
- Movie Review: A Christmas Comedy with a Corpse -- "Twas the Night"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Del Toro remakes a dark classic,"Nightmare Alley"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 1, 2018
Bruce Willis is long in the tooth, but if there’s one thing Eastwood’s long career taught us, it’s that action stars can still get it done so long as the most physical thing they have to pull off is pulling … Continue reading
Not a new show, not the first time I’ve said this. But in a sea of cable and streaming “reality TV,” where we go to Late Night Hosts for our news, when “fact” has been reduced to opinion thanks to … Continue reading
Maybe you were exposed to something your parents were watching, in a theater or on TV, that had subtitles which you weren’t yet old enough to read. Possibly, you caught a late-night Italian, Spanish or French film dubbed into English, … Continue reading
Setsuko smokes so much that the Japanese mania for avoiding infection via publicly worn surgical masks seems pointless. A lonely, sullen salarywoman, she endures the almost hourly gifts of candy “for your cough” from her inane co-workers and trudges home … Continue reading