Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Movie Review: "Waiting for the Barbarians"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2018
“Dry-eyed weeper” is movie critic shorthand for a tear-jerking romance that jerks no tears. And alas, that’s what the latest made-for-Netflix production, “Irreplaceable You,” is. It may have the expressive, doe-eyed delight Gugu Mbatha-Raw (See “Belle” is you haven’t.) as … Continue reading
Count’em — Steenbergen, Fonda, Keaton…and Candice Bergen for good measure. Older women who are anything but “Little old ladies,” getting their freak on by reading “Fifty Shades of Grey.” Andy Garcia brings back the charm, Don Johnson oozes over-60 sex … Continue reading
If you met someone and really clicked with them, connecting in that “so much in common” “soul mate” level, would you be able to reconnect with them if their appearance changed? Would appearance matter? And here’s the toughest test of … Continue reading
As subtle as an NRA recruitment video, and about as emotional, Eli Roth’s “Death Wish” is that horror filmmaker’s remake of a ’70s vigilante film that nobody was asking for. Bruce Willis, looking decrepit and acting like he gave his last … Continue reading