Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 2, 2018
Netflixable? Dying Gugu tries to hook up her fiance with a mate in “Irreplaceable You”
“Dry-eyed weeper” is movie critic shorthand for a tear-jerking romance that jerks no tears. And alas, that’s what the latest made-for-Netflix production, “Irreplaceable You,” is. It may have the expressive, doe-eyed delight Gugu Mbatha-Raw (See “Belle” is you haven’t.) as … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? Dying Gugu tries to hook up her fiance with a mate in “Irreplaceable You”
Preview, Oscar winners galore decorate “Book Club”
Count’em — Steenbergen, Fonda, Keaton…and Candice Bergen for good measure. Older women who are anything but “Little old ladies,” getting their freak on by reading “Fifty Shades of Grey.” Andy Garcia brings back the charm, Don Johnson oozes over-60 sex … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview, Oscar winners galore decorate “Book Club”
Movie Review: “Every Day” could inspire its own cult following…some day
If you met someone and really clicked with them, connecting in that “so much in common” “soul mate” level, would you be able to reconnect with them if their appearance changed? Would appearance matter? And here’s the toughest test of … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Every Day” could inspire its own cult following…some day
Movie Review: Can Eli Roth’s “Death Wish” bring Bruce back from the Grave?
As subtle as an NRA recruitment video, and about as emotional, Eli Roth’s “Death Wish” is that horror filmmaker’s remake of a ’70s vigilante film that nobody was asking for. Bruce Willis, looking decrepit and acting like he gave his last … Continue reading