Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Documentary Review -- Mexican cuisine's first foreign champion, "Diana Kennedy: Nothing Fancy"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2018
“Dry-eyed weeper” is movie critic shorthand for a tear-jerking romance that jerks no tears. And alas, that’s what the latest made-for-Netflix production, “Irreplaceable You,” is. It may have the expressive, doe-eyed delight Gugu Mbatha-Raw (See “Belle” is you haven’t.) as … Continue reading
Count’em — Steenbergen, Fonda, Keaton…and Candice Bergen for good measure. Older women who are anything but “Little old ladies,” getting their freak on by reading “Fifty Shades of Grey.” Andy Garcia brings back the charm, Don Johnson oozes over-60 sex … Continue reading
If you met someone and really clicked with them, connecting in that “so much in common” “soul mate” level, would you be able to reconnect with them if their appearance changed? Would appearance matter? And here’s the toughest test of … Continue reading
As subtle as an NRA recruitment video, and about as emotional, Eli Roth’s “Death Wish” is that horror filmmaker’s remake of a ’70s vigilante film that nobody was asking for. Bruce Willis, looking decrepit and acting like he gave his last … Continue reading