Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: A Christmas Comedy with a Corpse -- "Twas the Night"
- Movie Review: Footballers stage a strike before "National Champions" can be crowned
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Del Toro remakes a dark classic,"Nightmare Alley"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 18, 2018
Saint Patrick’s Day didn’t send me to the pub for a pint (for once), but had me searching the streaming services and cable networks for Irish film fare I’ve missed over the years. No “Quiet Man” or “Leap Year” or … Continue reading
Box Office: “Tomb Raider,” “Love, Simon” and “Entebbe” underwhelm, “I Can Only Imagine” over-performs
The head scratching thing about “7 Days in Entebbe” isn’t so much its almost tension-free take on a harrowing hostage crisis of the ’70s, that rare one resolved with a professional, successful military response. As I said in my review, … Continue reading