Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 31, 2018
“Tyler Perry’s ‘Acrimony’” Let the record reflect that Taraji P. Henson is one scary broad, when she wants to be. “Empire?” Hah. “Proud Mary?” Child’s play. In “Tyler Perry’s Acrimony” she’s all eaten-up with crazy, dripping with homicidal intent. She’s sitting … Continue reading
The virtues of “God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness,” are few. So let’s get them out of the way right out of the gate. It’s replaced the generally hostile, defensive and political tone of the first two films … Continue reading
Projections for how big “Ready Player One” were a bit fuzzy, with it having a Wed. night opening and then an entire Easter Weekend to make some coin. The $40 million or so 3/day always seemed low, and a big … Continue reading