Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 31, 2018
Movie Review: “Acrimony” is all Tyler Perry’s getting in this review
“Tyler Perry’s ‘Acrimony’” Let the record reflect that Taraji P. Henson is one scary broad, when she wants to be. “Empire?” Hah. “Proud Mary?” Child’s play. In “Tyler Perry’s Acrimony” she’s all eaten-up with crazy, dripping with homicidal intent. She’s sitting … Continue reading
Movie Review: “God’s Not Dead 3: A Light in Darkness” tries to be less angry
The virtues of “God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness,” are few. So let’s get them out of the way right out of the gate. It’s replaced the generally hostile, defensive and political tone of the first two films … Continue reading
Easter Box Office: “Ready Player One” opens big, Tyler Perry scores, “God’s Not Dead” dies
Projections for how big “Ready Player One” were a bit fuzzy, with it having a Wed. night opening and then an entire Easter Weekend to make some coin. The $40 million or so 3/day always seemed low, and a big … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Easter Box Office: “Ready Player One” opens big, Tyler Perry scores, “God’s Not Dead” dies