Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 27, 2018
Not every deserving person can win the Nobel Peace Prize. There are other, lesser forms of “laureate,” for instance the Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity. But even had Dr. Tom Catena not won that, it seems the least society can … Continue reading
“Isle of Dogs” is the stuff of Wes Anderson’s nightmares. Anderson’s made a Japanese epic as viewed through the twee lens in which he sees the world. A dark, daft vision of a culture that’s Turned its Back on Dog, … Continue reading
Martin Luther King, Jr. was often introduced, as he was in his final “I’ve been to the mountaintop” speech in Memphis the night before he died, as “a Moses for our times.” He was eulogized at his funeral as a … Continue reading