Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: Adventure vlogger finds there is "No Escape" from a Russian puzzle
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A teacher goes off the rails after "The Swerve"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Documentary Review: Retirees look for Paradise in Florida's The Villages -- "Some Kind of Heaven"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 12, 2018
“A baby doesn’t know how rich its parents are,” Dustin Hoffman famously said in defense of the most expensive flop of his career, the comedy “Ishtar.” That aphorism could cover pretty much any movie you sit down to watch. We … Continue reading
Mumblecore comedy meets the fateful, fatal romance of gambling in “Win it All,” an engaging wallow in the land of the losers starring Jake Johnson. It’s a low-rent travelogue reminiscent of every hot-streak-goes-bust picture ever made, the ones that emphasize … Continue reading