Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- The voice on that World Series TV ad for Joe Biden?
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: "Medium Cool" paranoia for the Internet Age -- "American Thief"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? James, Thomas, Hammer and Dowd make a new "Rebecca"
- Netflixable? Michael Jai White tries to save an arena full of victims in "Welcome to Sudden Death"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 6, 2018
It seems as if we’ve all been hearing about this YA/sci-fi novel being turned into a movie since the Kennedy Administration. Which we sort of have. I don’t recall the Disney TV movie based on it, and never got around … Continue reading
You will never look at Lily Collins the same way after seeing her “To the Bone.” She plays an upper middle class art student tumbling towards death. She’s ballerina-with-cancer thin, Our first peek at the pretty “Mirror, Mirror” star are … Continue reading
A UCLA film school production with an omnibus cast, “The Heyday of the Insensitive Bastards” summoned some big-names and character actors in a sort of “Short Cuts” for the stories of Robert Boswell. The pieces are of a biting, depressing … Continue reading
No movie with “F*&%” in its title is suitable for tweens. So no, whatever intern writes the “guidance” blurb on Netflix films. “F*&% the Prom,” the Bully Boys/Mean Girls/Meaner Gays comedy by Benny Fine isn’t pre-teen appropriate. Take it from … Continue reading
Debuted during the Oscars, kind of lacks the sparks one wants from a “Mary Poppins” trailer. Love Emily Blunt, Ben Whishaw, Dick Van Dyke, Emily Mortimer, Lin Manuel-Miranda — oh, and Meryl Streep, Colin Firth, Angela Lansbury and David Warner. … Continue reading