Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 6, 2018
It seems as if we’ve all been hearing about this YA/sci-fi novel being turned into a movie since the Kennedy Administration. Which we sort of have. I don’t recall the Disney TV movie based on it, and never got around … Continue reading
You will never look at Lily Collins the same way after seeing her “To the Bone.” She plays an upper middle class art student tumbling towards death. She’s ballerina-with-cancer thin, Our first peek at the pretty “Mirror, Mirror” star are … Continue reading
A UCLA film school production with an omnibus cast, “The Heyday of the Insensitive Bastards” summoned some big-names and character actors in a sort of “Short Cuts” for the stories of Robert Boswell. The pieces are of a biting, depressing … Continue reading
No movie with “F*&%” in its title is suitable for tweens. So no, whatever intern writes the “guidance” blurb on Netflix films. “F*&% the Prom,” the Bully Boys/Mean Girls/Meaner Gays comedy by Benny Fine isn’t pre-teen appropriate. Take it from … Continue reading
Debuted during the Oscars, kind of lacks the sparks one wants from a “Mary Poppins” trailer. Love Emily Blunt, Ben Whishaw, Dick Van Dyke, Emily Mortimer, Lin Manuel-Miranda — oh, and Meryl Streep, Colin Firth, Angela Lansbury and David Warner. … Continue reading