Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: A Ukrainian combat thriller, "Sniper: The White Raven"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- BOX OFFICE: And the winner is? "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2018
Angelina Jolie’s blundering adaptation of “Unbroken” has prompted a sequel. A runner’s surviving Japanese barbarism to get back to the Olympics? That sounds like a movie to me.
Francis Ford Coppola is one of the undisputed masters of cinema,masters of cinema, screenwriter of “Patton,” auteur of “The Godfather” movies, “Apocalypse Now,” “Tucker,” “Peggy Sue Got Married,” masterpieces married to commercial motion pictures, with the Oscars and “Greatest Film of … Continue reading
True story, back when I worked in public radio, I interviewed — not Fred Rogers, but “Margy,” seen in this trailer for the new Morgan Neville documentary, “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” She was a producer on “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood,” … Continue reading
We’re introduced to Jill as she paces, nervously, on top of her dining room table. There’s a belt around her neck. And she’s trying to work up the nerve to hang herself. That’s when she hears barking. That’s when she … Continue reading
Action-packed and impressively stupid, “Pacific Rim: Uprising” is essentially a Chinese sequel to the original, more Asian outreach from the studio that brought you “The Great Wall.” It’s got a British lead, an international (no name) cast, and a few … Continue reading
Sir Ben Kingsley — Is he a Lord? He should be. — has been looking for other variations on his “Sexy Beast” charismatic bad guy role. “An Ordinary Man” is just the latest. I laughed out loud a few times … Continue reading