Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: Adventure vlogger finds there is "No Escape" from a Russian puzzle
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A teacher goes off the rails after "The Swerve"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Documentary Review: Retirees look for Paradise in Florida's The Villages -- "Some Kind of Heaven"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2018
Angelina Jolie’s blundering adaptation of “Unbroken” has prompted a sequel. A runner’s surviving Japanese barbarism to get back to the Olympics? That sounds like a movie to me.
Francis Ford Coppola is one of the undisputed masters of cinema,masters of cinema, screenwriter of “Patton,” auteur of “The Godfather” movies, “Apocalypse Now,” “Tucker,” “Peggy Sue Got Married,” masterpieces married to commercial motion pictures, with the Oscars and “Greatest Film of … Continue reading
True story, back when I worked in public radio, I interviewed — not Fred Rogers, but “Margy,” seen in this trailer for the new Morgan Neville documentary, “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” She was a producer on “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood,” … Continue reading
We’re introduced to Jill as she paces, nervously, on top of her dining room table. There’s a belt around her neck. And she’s trying to work up the nerve to hang herself. That’s when she hears barking. That’s when she … Continue reading
Action-packed and impressively stupid, “Pacific Rim: Uprising” is essentially a Chinese sequel to the original, more Asian outreach from the studio that brought you “The Great Wall.” It’s got a British lead, an international (no name) cast, and a few … Continue reading
Sir Ben Kingsley — Is he a Lord? He should be. — has been looking for other variations on his “Sexy Beast” charismatic bad guy role. “An Ordinary Man” is just the latest. I laughed out loud a few times … Continue reading