Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Family says a Long Goodbye to Dad before his Assisted Suicide -- "Last Flight Home"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 29, 2018
“Outside In” is a quiet, contemplative melodrama about starting over and the obstacles facing an ex-con fresh out of a 20 year stretch in prison. The script that director Lynn Shelton (“Humpday,” “Your Sister’s Sister”) co-wrote with her fellow “mumblecore” … Continue reading
It varies from family to family, the one member everybody calls “the rock,” “the glue” that seems to hold them all together. And when that glue is gone, it can seem as if gravity itself has failed. Members spin off, … Continue reading
The shrinking importance of the North American box office to Hollywood is underlined by the increasing number of films that open overseas before making their bow in the U.S. “Ready Player One,” which cost in the $175 million range, will … Continue reading