Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: "Waiting for the Barbarians"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 28, 2018
Preview, Ed Harris, Elizabeth Olsen and Jason Sudeikis seek the last shots in celluloid on “Kodrachrome”
I don’t know what it is about Saab convertibles and movie road trips. But it’s a “car with character,” as in it says something about the owner, movie shorthand. Volvos and Saabs? Typically driven by academic characters in the movies. … Continue reading
I grade big screen cartoons for kids on a sliding cynicism scale. They’re all products designed for and marketed to children, and most every studio has a deal with some animation house or other to get themselves a cut-rate piece … Continue reading