Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 28, 2018
Preview, Ed Harris, Elizabeth Olsen and Jason Sudeikis seek the last shots in celluloid on “Kodrachrome”
I don’t know what it is about Saab convertibles and movie road trips. But it’s a “car with character,” as in it says something about the owner, movie shorthand. Volvos and Saabs? Typically driven by academic characters in the movies. … Continue reading
I grade big screen cartoons for kids on a sliding cynicism scale. They’re all products designed for and marketed to children, and most every studio has a deal with some animation house or other to get themselves a cut-rate piece … Continue reading