Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 23, 2018
Apparently, in the future, getting your hands on good hot sauce is like having cigarettes in prison. The currency of the day. Even in Chinese future “Pacific Rim” films imagine and embrace. Would never have recognized the stuff, as I … Continue reading
“Counterfeiters” is an ambitious, abridged thriller about a hustler who figures out a DIY way of making funny money. A short, low-budget affair, it’s more of a prospectus than a polished, finished feature. Think of it as a calling card … Continue reading
Preview, Renner, Rashida, Isla, Buress, Hamm, Helms and Jake Johnson spend their lives playing “Tag” in this summer comedy.
The trailer is freaking hilarious. The premise? A game of “tag” that lasts a lifetime? Through marriage cross-country moves, and childbirth, death and ruin? And it’s a true story? Slapshticky, sentimental, great cast. Renner goes Action Jackson, Hannibal Buress puts … Continue reading
It’s a gimmick, a stunt, a filmmaking exercise. Shooting your movie on an iPhone? That’s for aspiring filmmakers, somebody looking for a cheap way to shoot a movie and a headline-grabbing hook when you’re pitching it to film festivals. Sean … Continue reading