Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: Mayhem in a small town feud is delivered by "Tread"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 23, 2018
Apparently, in the future, getting your hands on good hot sauce is like having cigarettes in prison. The currency of the day. Even in Chinese future “Pacific Rim” films imagine and embrace. Would never have recognized the stuff, as I … Continue reading
“Counterfeiters” is an ambitious, abridged thriller about a hustler who figures out a DIY way of making funny money. A short, low-budget affair, it’s more of a prospectus than a polished, finished feature. Think of it as a calling card … Continue reading
Preview, Renner, Rashida, Isla, Buress, Hamm, Helms and Jake Johnson spend their lives playing “Tag” in this summer comedy.
The trailer is freaking hilarious. The premise? A game of “tag” that lasts a lifetime? Through marriage cross-country moves, and childbirth, death and ruin? And it’s a true story? Slapshticky, sentimental, great cast. Renner goes Action Jackson, Hannibal Buress puts … Continue reading
It’s a gimmick, a stunt, a filmmaking exercise. Shooting your movie on an iPhone? That’s for aspiring filmmakers, somebody looking for a cheap way to shoot a movie and a headline-grabbing hook when you’re pitching it to film festivals. Sean … Continue reading