Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: Into the melodramatic maelstrom of "1917"
- Movie Review: Twists and tension make "I See You" a sleeper worth tracking down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 23, 2018
Apparently, in the future, getting your hands on good hot sauce is like having cigarettes in prison. The currency of the day. Even in Chinese future “Pacific Rim” films imagine and embrace. Would never have recognized the stuff, as I … Continue reading
“Counterfeiters” is an ambitious, abridged thriller about a hustler who figures out a DIY way of making funny money. A short, low-budget affair, it’s more of a prospectus than a polished, finished feature. Think of it as a calling card … Continue reading
Preview, Renner, Rashida, Isla, Buress, Hamm, Helms and Jake Johnson spend their lives playing “Tag” in this summer comedy.
The trailer is freaking hilarious. The premise? A game of “tag” that lasts a lifetime? Through marriage cross-country moves, and childbirth, death and ruin? And it’s a true story? Slapshticky, sentimental, great cast. Renner goes Action Jackson, Hannibal Buress puts … Continue reading
It’s a gimmick, a stunt, a filmmaking exercise. Shooting your movie on an iPhone? That’s for aspiring filmmakers, somebody looking for a cheap way to shoot a movie and a headline-grabbing hook when you’re pitching it to film festivals. Sean … Continue reading