Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 26, 2021
Sept 17 this doc about a musical bio documentary of the musician, gay icon, signature guitar line star St Vincent comes out and we find out where “things went horribly wrong.” For once, you can’t blame that on the casting … Continue reading
Much and all due respect to the gent who did “Hamilton” and that “In the Heights” New York tuner that opened back in June. But “Summertime” is the musical of this summer. It bounces and tickles and touches and shares … Continue reading
This intrigues…and opens August 6.
We can tell the minute the “old friend” shows up, back in the remote corner of West Virginia where he grew up, that he’s trouble for Cole. Terry (Cosmo Jarvis) talks too loud and too freely and knows way too … Continue reading
The teaser trailer doesn’t tell us much — generations of women, Penelope Cruz of course, babies, life… But how much does it need to tell other than it’s Almodovar? “Madres Paralelas” is about to premiere at the Venice FFest. Sony … Continue reading