Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 19, 2021
How mad are you allowed to get at a schizophrenic? That’s the premise driving “Broken Diamonds,” a dramedy that may start “crazy cute,” but which doesn’t back away from the ugly truths about mental illness. “Your sister didn’t ruin your … Continue reading
“The Boy Behind the Door” is a lean, reasonably tight B-movie thriller about two kidnapped Little Leaguers and how they respond to their plight. It’s sentimental yet nervy, kind of predictable and a tad slow-footed. But it gets to you … Continue reading
The thing about parenting is that we’re doing it wrong. And our parents were no better. Their parents? No going to win any prizes either. And if even Canadians can’t get it right, Québécois to boot, what prayer do we … Continue reading