Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 3, 2021
They’re all alone out there, tending their desert farm, feeding their pigs, making their own entertainment. Dad (Jonny Lee Miller) distracts little Remy (Brooklyn Prince) with joke-threat contests, stories and star-gazing. Mom (Sofia Boutella) handles the home-schooling, and sometimes sings … Continue reading
The fights get steadily better, the longer you stick with “Silat Warriors: Deed of Death,” a “steal my land, get your ass kicked” martial arts movie from Malaysia. The walk-through choreography, sometimes disguised through slow motion, sometimes sped-up, is abandoned … Continue reading
“No Sudden Move” could’ve been THE movie of the summer, had screenwriter Ed “Men in Black” Solomon figured out an exit strategy. A damned clever neo-noir with a top-drawer cast, genuine suspense, dark humor and a plot that keeps you … Continue reading