Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 21, 2021
Two couples pal up in Mexico, get awkward when they come back home. This is an August 27 “dumping ground” release. No wonder Cena is putting on his wrasslin’ togs again.
Maddie Hasson, Annabelle Wallis and Nichole Briana star in “Saw” man Wan’s latest “universe” expander and potential franchise, a Sept. 10 release.
“Kandisha” is not your run-of-the-mill demonic assault thriller. No movie that summons up a burka-clad Moroccan demon to avenge herself on toxic masculinity, that depicts animal sacrifice and an Imam performing an Islamic exorcism could be. Of course it’s French … Continue reading
Kids grow up…so fast. Especially when they’re on the wrong beach without sunblock, or whatever the hell it is that’s aging them with or without SPF80.
“A Perfect Fit” is a light, schmaltzy Indonesian romance about superstitions and shoes. A shoe designer and a fashion blogger meet cute, but seem destined to marry wealthier, bullying partners who offer security and a lot of stress. What’s it … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Ben Affleck and Jodie Comer star in Ridley Scott’s “The Last Duel”
He started his big screen career with “The Duelists.” Now Ridley Scott returns to that subject and another French period piece. Oct. 15 look for “The Last Duel.”
The villain is introduced in the first scene, a meticulous pest exterminator (“Ongedierteverdelger,” in Dutch) mercilessly hunting down a cyclist on a backroad in the land of windmills, wooden shoes and Dutch treats. He gets the drop on his quarry, … Continue reading
High tech horror from beyond the grave, August 20.
Stunts and pranks and injuries for laughs return October 22. Paramount uhhhh, raises the bar?