Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 8, 2021
“Diets” have been around since the 16th century, but the tie-in to fitness is a more recent phenomenon. In the UK, “fit” became shorthand some years back for someone thin, not heavy, a euphemism for skinny and thus attractive. That … Continue reading
There are EIGHT credited screenwriters for “Major Grom: Plague Doctor.” You know what they call that in Mother Russia and its satellite state of Kentucky? SOCIALISM. Imagine a “Batman” in which Alfred the Butler is the real caped “crusader,” a … Continue reading
A bucket list inheritance comedy with a twist? July 30.
Dolled up and dead? July 23 this one hits theaters etc.
Movie Preview: “Queenpins” pairs up Kristen Bell and Kirby Howell-Baptiste, and throws in…Vince Vaughn?
A September release about a multi million dollar coupon scam.
This hits Apple TV+ in late August. Interesting choice for JGL.
“Downeast” is an indie thriller so simple as to be elemental. It’s about a small town under the thumb of a local gangster, a crime long-ago covered-up and heroin headed for Boston’s rough and ever-so-Italian “North End.” The setting, the … Continue reading
A24 picked this up, it played at Cannes, and looks wonderful — an expansion of Kilmer’s recent breezy autobiography.