Top Posts & Pages
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 9, 2021
Terror totes an axe in “Fear Street Part 2: 1978,” the middle film in Leigh Janiak’s homage to horror films and the eras they came from. Twenty five minutes into “Part 2,” the summer camp slaughterhouse instalment in the trilogy, … Continue reading
Even if Bundy is a serial killer subject who’s been beaten into submission, this August release looks intriguing. Robert Patrick’s the warden, Luke Kirby is a charismatic but less sexy/cute version of Bundy than we’re used to, and Wood plays … Continue reading
Coming in November.
“How I Became a Superhero (Comment je suis devenu super-héros)” is a French twist on a common Hollywood theme — superhumans, living among us, minor celebrities with all the human foibles. It’s not as serious minded as “Watchmen” or “Heroes,” … Continue reading
What’s a stoner comedy without weed? If it’s “Mandibles,” the latest deadpan farce from the French director of “Rubber,” it’s still daft, stoned or stone-cold sober. “Mandibles” is a shambolic, sometimes funny and always-silly amble through the South of France … Continue reading
Strike while the iron is hot, jefe. Netflix has this project, which looks cute enough.