Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 28, 2021
Good cast, gritty milieu for this Sept. 3 release.
Movie Preview: Will Smith is “King Richard,” tyrant, coach, father of tennis champions Venus and Serena
A November “awards season” release, this has some currency and a lot of heft to it. Smith looks good.
We few. We lucky, lucky few. We who nothing of the magical qualities of the doula, we for whom the acronym “RIE” is akin to speaking in tongues. We have no idea how lucky we are. Here’s a comedy about … Continue reading
A Nordic folktale of the darkly comic or horrific persuasion, this Oct. 8 release stars Noomi Rapace. Yeah, it’s from A24 and is as weird and wooly as you would expect from them.
“Bankrolled?” Think of it as a classic example of “meeting a comedy on its own terms.” It takes a while to settle in. And truthfully, you’ve got to be simpatico with its vibe, something that ties “Bankrolled” to the stoner … Continue reading
Any movie with “dolphin” in the title is pretty much pre-certified “kid-friendly,” and “Dolphin Island” certainly honors that. It’s a lightly-charming Bahamas travelogue with a teen, her dolphin friend and her fisherman grandpa who just might lose custody of her … Continue reading