Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Wes Anderson visits 1968 France via "The French Dispatch"
- Netflixable? Amateur Polish sleuth wonders if she's "In for a Murder (W Jak Morderstwo)"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 31, 2021
As MMA has supplanted “the sweet science” of boxing in the sporting world, so the MMA melodramatic thriller has replaced “the fight picture” as a genre staple. Everything we see in the Polish made-for-Netflix thriller “Bartkowiak” we’ve seen in half … Continue reading
Pablo Schreiber makes the most of a rare leading man turn as a biker and ex-con who dives into an instant family with “Lorelei.” Schrieber (“Orange is the New Black,” “Den of Thieves,” “13 Hours”) is playing yet another tough … Continue reading
Another OK but pandemic depressed weekend at the box office is shaping up as Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” dominates, “”Old” falls off 60% and “Black Widow” lingers at around $6. The $32-33 million that Dwayne Johnson’s latest is pulling is is … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Driver and Hayek, Irons and Gaga, Pacino and Leto star in Ridley Scott’s “House of Gucci”
If you were raised and educated in English, chances are you have at least a passing acquaintance with the tale of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. This chivalric romance comes up in any class that goes back to “Beowulf,” … Continue reading
So anyway, I have this Roger Appleseed thing I do on the endless Nomadland road trip that is my life. I donate DVDs I review to whatever public library I pass on my travels. Plant City Fla. to Danville VA, … Continue reading