Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 20, 2021
The Police, Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Earth, Wind and Fire, The Stones, Dire Straits and Jimmy Buffett singing “I don’t know where I’m a gonna go when the Volcano blow” are among those who made music in Beatles Svengali George … Continue reading
Zazie Beetz, Benedict Wong, Tony Hale, Arianna Ortiz and Bill Skarsgaard are among the stars of this provocative, atmospheric fantasy. This one opens July 30.
The other night I was channel surfing and stumbled across a Chinese-made World War II film from 2018. “Air Strike” was a Sino-Japanese War thriller about daring Chinese aviators battling the aerial hordes of Japanese bombers that laid waste to … Continue reading
There’s probably an “overcoming every obstacle” story behind the five credited directors and six credited writers who made “Deep” in their native Thailand during the COVID pandemic. And whatever it was — maintaining “protocols,” filming during lockdown, filmmakers getting sick … Continue reading
In his wry, goofy and prescient radio series “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” — later turned into books, a TV series and a feature film — author Douglas Adams wrote of “Teasers.” “‘Teasers’ are usually rich kids with nothing … Continue reading
Submitted for your approval, one loner, a hermit of the Pacific Northwest who spends his days and nights with an unnamed “Pig,” with whom he hunts truffles for sale to the swanky eateries of Portlandia. He and the pig are … Continue reading