Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 1, 2021
On a night in February of 1983, Carlos DeLuna ran away from the scene of a murder, a Corpus Christi, Texas convenience store. The 911 dispatcher, and later a courtroom, heard the 911 tape of Wanda Lopez confirming that a … Continue reading
Claustrophobic, minimalist and deliciously macabre, “Rock, Paper, Scissors” is an Argentine variation on the paranoid excesses of “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?” or “Misery.” Well-acted and properly gloomy, if a tad predictable, it starts off dark and turns pitch-black in … Continue reading
Mike’s the kind of guy everybody walks over and everybody talks over. Like that manic driveway car salesman Dennis, who tries to sell him a ’65 Chrysler New Yorker when the kid came over to buy a practical, cheap Toyota. … Continue reading
I was curious to see what “The Nickelback of American Letters” was up to, dipping his glib toe in the murky waters of World War II and the undying myth of the “surgical (air) strike.” “The Bomber Mafia” is a … Continue reading