Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2021
“Fear Street” shuffles off this mortal coil and shuffles out the door with “Fear Street Part 3: 1666,” a movie that takes R.L. Stine’s witch’s curse story back to the witch hunts of yore — or of “Union” — and … Continue reading
“Whirlybird” is “An American Family” in Breaking News, an adrenalin-fueled rush of live, broadcast journalism as it was practiced in a huge, violent city set against the backdrop of family success, glory and dysfunction. It’s a riveting account the rise … Continue reading
An arty thriller about a boy who holds a family hostage in a hole in the ground? Disturbing. This IFC release starts rolling out August 6.
The signature achievement of “This Little Love of Mine” is a classic cinematic fool’s errand. It’s an opulent South Seas island romance shot in Australia, with an Aussie cast headed by Saskia Hampele and Liam McIntyre. And the decision was … Continue reading