Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 15, 2021
Isabelle Huppert, lost in character, sits at a traffic light and giddily sings along with the radio, earning giggles from the biker who pulls up next to her. Patience is her name, and she’s having a good day. Or maybe … Continue reading
Let’s assume everybody who’ll stream this — or read a review of it — isn’t a card-carrying musical theater hater. None of that tired “People break into song, that doesn’t happen in ‘real life’” argument that Jerry Seinfeld wore out … Continue reading
“Sublet” is an American in Tel Aviv story, a laid-back travelogue about a travel writer who visits the city for a “five days in” article, and gets more than he bargained — or embracing the local custom — haggled for. … Continue reading
This Oct. 1 release looks like a sort of history lesson in Christian popular music. Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith et al, lots of veterans of the scene speak out here. Interesting timing, considering the way polling and demographic trends … Continue reading