Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Chilean "Mujeres Arriba" discover the difference between "sex" and "good sex"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 25, 2018
It’s a bit maddening, but I guess that’s how a movie about abortion should be — shout at the screen infuriating. “Invisible” is a patient, quiet drama about a pregnant teenager in a country where abortion is illegal, but the … Continue reading
Just a little walk in the woods — Mother, son, Mom’s best friend. Summer, a like, a little peace and quiet. What could go wrong? You don’t know much about “Desolation” in the movies, do you? A grieving wife (Jaime … Continue reading
Cary Grant spent the last years of his box office stardom acting in ensemble pictures, top billed, but playing second banana to the likes of Tony Curtis, Sophia Loren and Audrey Hepburn. When it was time to take a backseat … Continue reading
Last year this weekend, the last full weekend in August, represented an historic box office low with the top dozen titles drawing filmgoers at a rate not seen in decades. It’s always one of the weakest moviegoing weekends of the … Continue reading