Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 25, 2018
It’s a bit maddening, but I guess that’s how a movie about abortion should be — shout at the screen infuriating. “Invisible” is a patient, quiet drama about a pregnant teenager in a country where abortion is illegal, but the … Continue reading
Just a little walk in the woods — Mother, son, Mom’s best friend. Summer, a like, a little peace and quiet. What could go wrong? You don’t know much about “Desolation” in the movies, do you? A grieving wife (Jaime … Continue reading
Cary Grant spent the last years of his box office stardom acting in ensemble pictures, top billed, but playing second banana to the likes of Tony Curtis, Sophia Loren and Audrey Hepburn. When it was time to take a backseat … Continue reading
Last year this weekend, the last full weekend in August, represented an historic box office low with the top dozen titles drawing filmgoers at a rate not seen in decades. It’s always one of the weakest moviegoing weekends of the … Continue reading