Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2018
James Gunn spends years telling seriously tasteless but some would say “revealing” “jokes” online, on a blog (since deleted) and on Twitter. A conservative activist decides he doesn’t like the anti-Trump politics of the director of the “Guardians of the … Continue reading
Netflix has rapidly evolved into a safe space for famous actors to dabble in TV — streaming series — and take acting risks without denting either their quote or their marketable screen personas (brands). Think Jason Bateman’s dark “Ozark,” etc. … Continue reading
The bonds of familial love are strained to the breaking point, tugged in several directions, in the lyrical movie memoir, “We the Animals.” Based on the semi-autobiographical novel, Jeremiah Zagar’s moving indie film takes us into the lives of three … Continue reading
A teenage girl and her tween sister ride the bus, cross-state, towards the beach. One’s an outgoing city kid, living in a foster home, looking forward a rare trip to the ocean. It’s her older sister’s bithday, and she’ll also … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Fallout” falls to $34, “Christopher Robin” and “Spy Who Dumped Me” underwhelm, “Darkest Minds” bombs
The big question for me this weekend was and will be the word of mouth on Disney’s quiet, downbeat “kids” movie “Christopher Robin.” Deadline.com and others had been projecting a brand healthy $29 million or so for this grownup riff … Continue reading