Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2018
Preview, Team “Hell or High Water” presents Chris Pine as Robert the Bruce, “Outlaw King,” for Netflix
Pretty damned ambitious the streaming network Netflix to take on a period piece with a Big Name Star, an acclaimed director and a Scottish icon as its subject. Chris Pine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Stephen Dillane and Florence Pugh star in David … Continue reading
Coming of age tales are such a summer thing. Why’s Freestyle releasing this one AFTER summer? Beats me. More 1980s nostalgia, the big “name” in this is the “legend” of the beach, played by the great character comic Peter Stormare. … Continue reading
Stu Sanders Wade Barrett is a British wrestler and bare-knuckle boxer turned big screen action hero, where he goes by the name “Stu Bennett.” He’s of that Schwarzenegger/Dave Bautista/John Cena class of Action Jacksons, a man mountain any lesser mortal … Continue reading
Screen comedy has given us a few seriously, unintentionally inappropriate parent/child relationships, mostly in the films of Cameron Crowe — Mother/Son in “Almost Famous,” Father/Daughter in “Say Anything.” But those have nothing on the sometimes amusing, always creepy Mother-Son weirdness … Continue reading
“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds,” the poet said. People don’t like change, we understand it to mean. If only Florence Green knew the poets as well as she loved novelists, she could have avoided a world … Continue reading