Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 13, 2018
“There’s something WRONG with the new babysitter!” Jacob (Joshua Rush) is just a tween, but he’s got clues. “Anna” is letting them tear up stuff to make costumes, paint on the walls. She tells them a bedtime version of “The … Continue reading
It’s going to make a metric ton of money, and everybody likes it — most everybody reviewing it, anyway. A 100 percent approval on Rotten Tomatoes does not lie, though it hides the shades of grey in opinion about “Crazy … Continue reading
They’re called “Breastaurants” for a reason. Twin Peaks, Twisted Kilt and the easily imitated Hooters — with their all-female, legs and push-up bras wait staffs and leering, almost all male clientele — are pre-#MeToo, sexist and retrograde. But the “man … Continue reading