Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2018
When a movie has long-established its rhythm and basically admitted it has none and then bursts to life — even briefly — it’s worth noting that at the top a review. “The After Party” manages a random laugh, here and … Continue reading
A real-life British war correspondent’s biography provided the basis for “A Private War.” As Marie Colvin, the “Gone Girl” star wears an eye patch and “rides to the sound of the guns,” even after the incident that causes her to … Continue reading
There have been other films about the 1960 Israeli kidnapping of Nazi war criminal Adolph Eichmann. But none have featured Sir Ben Kingsley as the WWII “Final Solution” mastermind, pursued, grabbed and smuggled out of Argentina by Oscar Isaac. Labor … Continue reading
The Great Man of Letters is waiting for the call. The wife is waiting with him. When he gets it, she is on the line to share his glory. When he speaks — to friends, the press — he showers … Continue reading