Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Korean diplomats try to "Escape from Mogadishu"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2018
When a movie has long-established its rhythm and basically admitted it has none and then bursts to life — even briefly — it’s worth noting that at the top a review. “The After Party” manages a random laugh, here and … Continue reading
A real-life British war correspondent’s biography provided the basis for “A Private War.” As Marie Colvin, the “Gone Girl” star wears an eye patch and “rides to the sound of the guns,” even after the incident that causes her to … Continue reading
There have been other films about the 1960 Israeli kidnapping of Nazi war criminal Adolph Eichmann. But none have featured Sir Ben Kingsley as the WWII “Final Solution” mastermind, pursued, grabbed and smuggled out of Argentina by Oscar Isaac. Labor … Continue reading
The Great Man of Letters is waiting for the call. The wife is waiting with him. When he gets it, she is on the line to share his glory. When he speaks — to friends, the press — he showers … Continue reading