Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2018
When a movie has long-established its rhythm and basically admitted it has none and then bursts to life — even briefly — it’s worth noting that at the top a review. “The After Party” manages a random laugh, here and … Continue reading
A real-life British war correspondent’s biography provided the basis for “A Private War.” As Marie Colvin, the “Gone Girl” star wears an eye patch and “rides to the sound of the guns,” even after the incident that causes her to … Continue reading
There have been other films about the 1960 Israeli kidnapping of Nazi war criminal Adolph Eichmann. But none have featured Sir Ben Kingsley as the WWII “Final Solution” mastermind, pursued, grabbed and smuggled out of Argentina by Oscar Isaac. Labor … Continue reading
The Great Man of Letters is waiting for the call. The wife is waiting with him. When he gets it, she is on the line to share his glory. When he speaks — to friends, the press — he showers … Continue reading