Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2018
When a movie has long-established its rhythm and basically admitted it has none and then bursts to life — even briefly — it’s worth noting that at the top a review. “The After Party” manages a random laugh, here and … Continue reading
A real-life British war correspondent’s biography provided the basis for “A Private War.” As Marie Colvin, the “Gone Girl” star wears an eye patch and “rides to the sound of the guns,” even after the incident that causes her to … Continue reading
There have been other films about the 1960 Israeli kidnapping of Nazi war criminal Adolph Eichmann. But none have featured Sir Ben Kingsley as the WWII “Final Solution” mastermind, pursued, grabbed and smuggled out of Argentina by Oscar Isaac. Labor … Continue reading
The Great Man of Letters is waiting for the call. The wife is waiting with him. When he gets it, she is on the line to share his glory. When he speaks — to friends, the press — he showers … Continue reading