Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2018
When a movie has long-established its rhythm and basically admitted it has none and then bursts to life — even briefly — it’s worth noting that at the top a review. “The After Party” manages a random laugh, here and … Continue reading
A real-life British war correspondent’s biography provided the basis for “A Private War.” As Marie Colvin, the “Gone Girl” star wears an eye patch and “rides to the sound of the guns,” even after the incident that causes her to … Continue reading
There have been other films about the 1960 Israeli kidnapping of Nazi war criminal Adolph Eichmann. But none have featured Sir Ben Kingsley as the WWII “Final Solution” mastermind, pursued, grabbed and smuggled out of Argentina by Oscar Isaac. Labor … Continue reading
The Great Man of Letters is waiting for the call. The wife is waiting with him. When he gets it, she is on the line to share his glory. When he speaks — to friends, the press — he showers … Continue reading