Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Movie Review: A "Joker" dances through America's Darkest Hours
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2018
When a movie has long-established its rhythm and basically admitted it has none and then bursts to life — even briefly — it’s worth noting that at the top a review. “The After Party” manages a random laugh, here and … Continue reading
A real-life British war correspondent’s biography provided the basis for “A Private War.” As Marie Colvin, the “Gone Girl” star wears an eye patch and “rides to the sound of the guns,” even after the incident that causes her to … Continue reading
There have been other films about the 1960 Israeli kidnapping of Nazi war criminal Adolph Eichmann. But none have featured Sir Ben Kingsley as the WWII “Final Solution” mastermind, pursued, grabbed and smuggled out of Argentina by Oscar Isaac. Labor … Continue reading
The Great Man of Letters is waiting for the call. The wife is waiting with him. When he gets it, she is on the line to share his glory. When he speaks — to friends, the press — he showers … Continue reading