Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Dorff grieves and reasons out a supernatural mystery in “Don’t Go”
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Ritchie and Statham take on a vengeance thriller -- "Wrath of Man"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Beware the main course at "The Dinner Party"
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 27, 2018
When a movie has long-established its rhythm and basically admitted it has none and then bursts to life — even briefly — it’s worth noting that at the top a review. “The After Party” manages a random laugh, here and … Continue reading
A real-life British war correspondent’s biography provided the basis for “A Private War.” As Marie Colvin, the “Gone Girl” star wears an eye patch and “rides to the sound of the guns,” even after the incident that causes her to … Continue reading
There have been other films about the 1960 Israeli kidnapping of Nazi war criminal Adolph Eichmann. But none have featured Sir Ben Kingsley as the WWII “Final Solution” mastermind, pursued, grabbed and smuggled out of Argentina by Oscar Isaac. Labor … Continue reading
The Great Man of Letters is waiting for the call. The wife is waiting with him. When he gets it, she is on the line to share his glory. When he speaks — to friends, the press — he showers … Continue reading