Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 11, 2018
Preview, Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” answers the question, ‘Is there a movie The Rock has ever turned down?'”
Truthfully, teaming up with Emily Blunt’s not a bad call. And you can’t tell anything from a stars wandering a tiny sliver of the set in a “teaser” trailer. But as we’ve reached the DDJSP — The Dwayne Johnson Saturation … Continue reading
Just a little spring break camping trip, that’s what teen bros Sean, Donnie and Jeremy have in mind. Sean (Daniel Doheny) has been away at school in Germany. Donnie (Luke Spencer Roberts) “might” have been telling the whole town he … Continue reading
When the actor Thomas Hulce was preparing to play the film role that defined him, “Amadeus,” he read about Mozart, but he truly studied the tennis star of the day, John McEnroe. Who better to model a precocious brat of … Continue reading
The hype — a “Sharknado/Shark Week” marketing campaign and funnier-than-the-movie trailer led to a big Thursday and very big Friday for “The Meg.” Warner Brothers had tamped down expectations, and this China-centric, Chinese financed late summer groaner should have made … Continue reading