Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 11, 2018
Preview, Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” answers the question, ‘Is there a movie The Rock has ever turned down?'”
Truthfully, teaming up with Emily Blunt’s not a bad call. And you can’t tell anything from a stars wandering a tiny sliver of the set in a “teaser” trailer. But as we’ve reached the DDJSP — The Dwayne Johnson Saturation … Continue reading
Just a little spring break camping trip, that’s what teen bros Sean, Donnie and Jeremy have in mind. Sean (Daniel Doheny) has been away at school in Germany. Donnie (Luke Spencer Roberts) “might” have been telling the whole town he … Continue reading
When the actor Thomas Hulce was preparing to play the film role that defined him, “Amadeus,” he read about Mozart, but he truly studied the tennis star of the day, John McEnroe. Who better to model a precocious brat of … Continue reading
The hype — a “Sharknado/Shark Week” marketing campaign and funnier-than-the-movie trailer led to a big Thursday and very big Friday for “The Meg.” Warner Brothers had tamped down expectations, and this China-centric, Chinese financed late summer groaner should have made … Continue reading