Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 8, 2018
For the love of God, SOMEbody say “We’re going to need a bigger boat!” Because there’s no shame in quoting a line from THE shark movie when you’re confronted with one 80 or so feet long. Especially when there are … Continue reading
“Star Wars” creator George Lucas once said, “Figure out what 12 year-old girls want, and you’ve got a hit.” And “To the Beat!” is a veritable shopping list of those “wants.” Girls — here they’re 14 and thus examples to … Continue reading
“Bel Canto” is a Paul Weitz film of Ann Patchett’s novel, about South American revolutionaries seizing a singer and concert-goers in an effort to free their comrades from prison. Ken Watanabe is the love interest, with Christopher Lambert and Sebastian … Continue reading
The best “What might have been” documentaries about musicians that disappeared (“Searching for Sugar Man”), bands that fell “just shy of making it (“Anvil!”) are the ones that have the best explanations, excuses and screw-ups that reveal how they missed … Continue reading