Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Next screening? Blake and Jude are in "The Rhythm Section"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 8, 2018
For the love of God, SOMEbody say “We’re going to need a bigger boat!” Because there’s no shame in quoting a line from THE shark movie when you’re confronted with one 80 or so feet long. Especially when there are … Continue reading
“Star Wars” creator George Lucas once said, “Figure out what 12 year-old girls want, and you’ve got a hit.” And “To the Beat!” is a veritable shopping list of those “wants.” Girls — here they’re 14 and thus examples to … Continue reading
“Bel Canto” is a Paul Weitz film of Ann Patchett’s novel, about South American revolutionaries seizing a singer and concert-goers in an effort to free their comrades from prison. Ken Watanabe is the love interest, with Christopher Lambert and Sebastian … Continue reading
The best “What might have been” documentaries about musicians that disappeared (“Searching for Sugar Man”), bands that fell “just shy of making it (“Anvil!”) are the ones that have the best explanations, excuses and screw-ups that reveal how they missed … Continue reading