Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 8, 2018
For the love of God, SOMEbody say “We’re going to need a bigger boat!” Because there’s no shame in quoting a line from THE shark movie when you’re confronted with one 80 or so feet long. Especially when there are … Continue reading
“Star Wars” creator George Lucas once said, “Figure out what 12 year-old girls want, and you’ve got a hit.” And “To the Beat!” is a veritable shopping list of those “wants.” Girls — here they’re 14 and thus examples to … Continue reading
“Bel Canto” is a Paul Weitz film of Ann Patchett’s novel, about South American revolutionaries seizing a singer and concert-goers in an effort to free their comrades from prison. Ken Watanabe is the love interest, with Christopher Lambert and Sebastian … Continue reading
The best “What might have been” documentaries about musicians that disappeared (“Searching for Sugar Man”), bands that fell “just shy of making it (“Anvil!”) are the ones that have the best explanations, excuses and screw-ups that reveal how they missed … Continue reading