Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Bingeable? Brit Dramedy "Flack" celebrates and eviscerates the dirty business of image control and publicity
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: The Tender Mercies of Facing Cancer with "Our Friend"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 6, 2018
Sometimes, you have to re-visit the Internet Movie Database just to be sure whether Uwe Boll has made good on his latest promise/threat to retire. Because disciples and acolytes of the Worst Director of Our Times (Sorry, Tommy Wiseau) are … Continue reading
Netflixable? A junkie/drunk proves the “Most Dangerous Game” to a town obsessed with “Happy Hunting”
A solitary, bloodied old man, fleeing across the desert flats who suddenly stops, resigned to his fate. A rifle shot, punched through his right eye, finishes him off. “Happy Hunting” is a thriller built around such spare, fraught images, under-played … Continue reading
Google Orlando’s Bloom’s name these past few years, and you’d get an eyeful of naked paddle boarding shots, notices of who he’s dating and a countdown clock for “how long it lasts.” Katy Perry, Kate Bosworth, Penelope Cruz, Selena Gomez (!?) … Continue reading