Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "All the Devil's Men" keeps Mel's son on camera
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 6, 2018
Sometimes, you have to re-visit the Internet Movie Database just to be sure whether Uwe Boll has made good on his latest promise/threat to retire. Because disciples and acolytes of the Worst Director of Our Times (Sorry, Tommy Wiseau) are … Continue reading
Netflixable? A junkie/drunk proves the “Most Dangerous Game” to a town obsessed with “Happy Hunting”
A solitary, bloodied old man, fleeing across the desert flats who suddenly stops, resigned to his fate. A rifle shot, punched through his right eye, finishes him off. “Happy Hunting” is a thriller built around such spare, fraught images, under-played … Continue reading
Google Orlando’s Bloom’s name these past few years, and you’d get an eyeful of naked paddle boarding shots, notices of who he’s dating and a countdown clock for “how long it lasts.” Katy Perry, Kate Bosworth, Penelope Cruz, Selena Gomez (!?) … Continue reading