Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 10, 2018
An occupied British island, plucky locals “resisting” the Nazis with a fake “book club,” hiding livestock and a recipe for using the one vegetable they were allowed in creative, whimsical ways — “The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society” has … Continue reading
Hogwarts it ain’t. Kind of a giddy trailer, eh wot?
The triumph of “Crazy Rich Asians” is the spectrum of its characters, a broad representation of the global Chinese diaspora. Granted, these are the Asian “one percent” we’re talking about here, but you have old money nobility, sage elders, gauche … Continue reading
The giant prehistoric shark thriller “The Meg” opens to indifferent reviews, and middling box office expectations. A $23 million opening for a reported $150 million film won’t please the accountants, but the Chinese investment, co-stars and setting suggest that’s where … Continue reading
A pre-fabricated urban legend comes to the big screen in “Slender Man,” essentially a random mash-up of horror film tropes and effects that doesn’t amount to much that’s frightening. Director Sylvain White, of “Stomp the Yard” and a lot of … Continue reading