Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "All the Devil's Men" keeps Mel's son on camera
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 10, 2018
An occupied British island, plucky locals “resisting” the Nazis with a fake “book club,” hiding livestock and a recipe for using the one vegetable they were allowed in creative, whimsical ways — “The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society” has … Continue reading
Hogwarts it ain’t. Kind of a giddy trailer, eh wot?
The triumph of “Crazy Rich Asians” is the spectrum of its characters, a broad representation of the global Chinese diaspora. Granted, these are the Asian “one percent” we’re talking about here, but you have old money nobility, sage elders, gauche … Continue reading
The giant prehistoric shark thriller “The Meg” opens to indifferent reviews, and middling box office expectations. A $23 million opening for a reported $150 million film won’t please the accountants, but the Chinese investment, co-stars and setting suggest that’s where … Continue reading
A pre-fabricated urban legend comes to the big screen in “Slender Man,” essentially a random mash-up of horror film tropes and effects that doesn’t amount to much that’s frightening. Director Sylvain White, of “Stomp the Yard” and a lot of … Continue reading