Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 19, 2018
Ike Barinholtz wrote, directed and co-stars in this “ruin Thanksgiving by talking politics with your Trumpist relatives” farce. “The Oath” has a good cast, some chuckles in the trailer, but nobody will see it. It’s with dirt-merchants Roadside Attractions, so … Continue reading
As Matty M. loves to say, “Awright awright awright…” So my initial hunch that the heavily-hyped “Crazy Rich Asians” would overcome the lack of star power in the cast and the narrow demo in its marketing and hit $35 million … Continue reading