Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 29, 2018
“Stoner comedies” is one of those genre niches Netflix has been throwing money and titles at ever since the streaming service — which has price-hiked its way out of the skyrocketing subscriber growth that finances such whims — began making … Continue reading
It’s entirely possible to have lived a life outside of New York, removed from the world of avant garde fashion, drag queen Vogue-ing and “club life” and to have never heard of Susanne Bartsch. But “Susanne Bartsch: On Top” posits … Continue reading
This trailer had me at that moment when Dame Judi Dench, asked about “getting old,” tells the director, who also did “Notting Hill,” “Oh f— off, Roger.” Then there’s Dame Maggie smith, who hasn’t come off as “the youngest” in … Continue reading
“Kin” is the sort of colossal miscalculation that makes you wonder who got fired for making it. Not the Baker Brothers, Jonathan and Josh, whose short film “Bag Man” SOMEbody at Summit/Lionsgate decided would make a swell feature. It’s that … Continue reading