Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Omar Epps is captain on a space station where things go wrong, "3022"
- Movie Review: Jean Reno, ever "The Professional," doing wet work in "Cold Blood"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2018
The ambition is obvious, right from the swirl of opening credits to “Rest in Power: The Trayvon Martin Story,” a six part documentary series about the “Pandora’s Box” of race, death, the relative values of human lives and the nightmare … Continue reading
Golly, talk about a MILF buzzkill. Not a lot of household names in this “Trashy Housewives Get Kids Killed” drama — Krista Allen, Megan Ward, Amber Frank. “Party Mom” looks like a “Lifetime Original Movie” with a splash more sex.
“Special” children survived the apocalypse. And now the government fears these “very rare” kid, X-Men and Women by another name. Keep the expectations low — an August movie doesn’t have the potential to be a blockbuster than a July movie … Continue reading
Netflixable? A grieving kid wrestles with learning how to hunt from the father he never knew in “Temporada de Caza/Hunting Season”
It’s a rite of passage saga as old as storytelling, as universal as fathers and sons — a son and his father bond over the ancient act of hunting. But in today’s wired, urbanized world, can it be taken seriously? … Continue reading
In “The Miseducation of Cameron Post,” the road to gay conversion is paved with good intentions. Or so those pushing for the conversion tell themselves. This film, based on the Emily M. Danforth novel, is a faintly-mocking take on something … Continue reading
Disney has an embargo of reviews of “Christopher Robin,” starring Ewen McGregor and a bear “with a very small brain” and a thing for honey. It’s 7pm Pacific time Thursday, after the movie has opened in the East. But it’s … Continue reading