Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 1, 2018
The ambition is obvious, right from the swirl of opening credits to “Rest in Power: The Trayvon Martin Story,” a six part documentary series about the “Pandora’s Box” of race, death, the relative values of human lives and the nightmare … Continue reading
Golly, talk about a MILF buzzkill. Not a lot of household names in this “Trashy Housewives Get Kids Killed” drama — Krista Allen, Megan Ward, Amber Frank. “Party Mom” looks like a “Lifetime Original Movie” with a splash more sex.
“Special” children survived the apocalypse. And now the government fears these “very rare” kid, X-Men and Women by another name. Keep the expectations low — an August movie doesn’t have the potential to be a blockbuster than a July movie … Continue reading
Netflixable? A grieving kid wrestles with learning how to hunt from the father he never knew in “Temporada de Caza/Hunting Season”
It’s a rite of passage saga as old as storytelling, as universal as fathers and sons — a son and his father bond over the ancient act of hunting. But in today’s wired, urbanized world, can it be taken seriously? … Continue reading
In “The Miseducation of Cameron Post,” the road to gay conversion is paved with good intentions. Or so those pushing for the conversion tell themselves. This film, based on the Emily M. Danforth novel, is a faintly-mocking take on something … Continue reading
Disney has an embargo of reviews of “Christopher Robin,” starring Ewen McGregor and a bear “with a very small brain” and a thing for honey. It’s 7pm Pacific time Thursday, after the movie has opened in the East. But it’s … Continue reading